9235 SWEETLEAF PLACE CHARLOTTE NC
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FLOOR PLANS CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SANCTUARY AT LAKE WYLIE
Click Any Image Below For Full Screen Gallery
Lighted front entrance with security gate and video. External lighting around entire perimeter of both homes.
The back of this spectacular home boasts full hurricane/security windows and patio doors with self-cleaning glass. Energy Star Rated, block 99% of UV to eliminate furniture/carpet fading.
4-car attached garage and 4-car detached garage. 4-car detached is pre-wired and set up for HVAC and plumbing.
Grand foyer with views of formal living/dining rooms and handsome staircase with wrought iron railings leading to upstairs and basement.
This home features whole house Carrier Infinity Series 3-step air filtration system removes dust and allergens. Icynene insulation in both main and guest houses.
Spacious kitchen features all top end appliances including 3 ovens, a warming drawer, microwave, two dishwashers, one double and one triple sink.
Lots of cabinet space, island and breakfast bar with beautiful hanging pendant lights. You will love the enormous pantry and the bonus butler’s pantry.
2nd floor ‘mini’ master features full bath with walk in shower and whirlpool tub, walk in closet and additional storage.
There is an exercise room on the main level and a craft room in the basement, each with their own closets and full baths, which means they could easily be used as additional bedrooms. This is the third level screened in porch where you enter from the large bonus room.
Basement great room with fireplace, built in shelving and wet bar with wine fridge, ice maker, dishwasher and microwave.
Billiards anyone? This home features 7 separately zoned HVAC systems in the main house and another separate system for the guest house
Beach entry pool features 2 levels of waterfalls, low and high, and lights. Deep end is 8’+ deep and level area is about 6″ deep for lounge chairs and young children.
Speakers located at pool and patio areas. Residential 4-floor elevator and a first floor to basement freight elevator.
1,500 sq ft 2-bed, 2-full bath guest house includes full kitchen, great room with wood burning fireplace, laundry, large screened-in porch and boat storage below.
Guest house great room with vaulted ceilings, wood burning fireplace, expansive deck and is partially wired for main house audio video, phone system and cable.
Stunning setting on Lake Wylie. 12 security cameras around property viewable remotely by computer link and on all system panels and TV’s in house.
Surrounded by the calm waters of Lake Wylie on three sides, you will enjoy deer, turtles and wild turkeys!
9235 Sweetleaf Place Charlotte, NC 28278
Breathtaking Home in the Luxurious Sanctuary Community
- 6 Beds • 8 Full Baths • 3 Half Baths • 15,621 Sq Ft • 4-car attached & 4-car detached Garage • MLS #3422830
Five things sellers love about their home
- The privacy and seclusion
- The quiet solitude
- The water view and access
- The animals – all kinds of birds from Goldfinch and Blue birds to hawks and eagles and ospreys, foxes, turtles, turkeys and loads of deer
- The private walking path around our property
Special Outdoor/Indoor Features and Updates
- Lighted front entrance with security gate and video
- External lighting around entire perimeter of both houses
- Security systems main and guest house
- Hidden panic or storm protection room under front porch
- 12 security cameras around property viewable remotely by computer link and on all system panels and TV’s in house
- Windows: Full Hurricane/Security windows and patio doors with self-cleaning glass. Energy Star Rated, block 99% of UV to eliminate furniture/carpet fading, superior noise reduction, pass “C” level hurricane requirements for FL, incorporating laminated safety glass
- Pool has two levels of waterfalls, low and high, and lights. Deep end 8’+ deep up to level area about 6” deep for lounge chair or children
- Separate four car garage has storage space above, pre wired and set up for HVAC and plumbing. Possible nanny/housekeeper apartment
- Dock features two electronic boat lifts, dock is set up with electricity and water, with speaker at dock
- Roof on both houses replaced spring 2012 from hail damage
- Landscape lighting and irrigation systems
- Guest house has two bedrooms, two full baths, with large screened porch, full kitchen with ice maker, family room with wood burning fireplace, laundry washer/dryer and boat storage below. Partially wired for main house audio video and phone systems and cable
- Additional laundry washer/dryer for pool bath
- Separate Septic systems for main and guest house
- “Whole House” automatic gas generator
- Whole House Carrier Infinity Series three-step air filtration system removes dust and allergens
- All entry doors maintenance free heavy duty fiberglass security doors
- Icynene insulation main and guest houses (Energy Star Rating with it and Energy Star rated windows and doors)
- Five Renai tankless water heaters (perpetual hot water with no wasteful tanks)
- Seven separately zoned HVAC systems main house, another separate one for guest house
- Audio video feeds available for every TV and all rooms with speakers – wired for both cable and Direct TV Projector TV with 100+” screen in theater (optional)
- Residential four floor elevator, and a first floor to basement freight elevator
- Kitchen has three ovens, warming drawer, microwave, two dishwashers and one double and one triple sink with office off kitchen. All top end appliances
- Terrific laundry room and giant pantry, as well as bonus butler’s pantry
- Three fireplaces in house all with gas logs, plus one on screened porch with gas logs. Wood-burning fireplace at guest house
- Master Bath:* Kohler “Waterhaven” shower tower
* TV installed behind smaller vanity mirror
* Radiant heat in floors
* Toe kick lighting under all vanities (Night lights in all of the bathrooms)
- Master Bath:* Kohler “Waterhaven” shower tower
- Second floor “Mini” Master has full bath with walk in shower and whirlpool tub, walk in closet and additional storage through toilet room
- Exercise room bath features a steam-bath shower
- Exercise room on main level and Craft room on lower level both have closets and baths so considered additional bedrooms
- Wet Bar downstairs has wine fridge and ice maker and dishwasher and microwave
- Wet Bar upstairs has wine fridge and ice maker
- Speakers in most rooms, garages, and outside areas – pool and patios in back
- 3,000+ sq ft studio could be – any kind of craft or work shop, woodworking, metalworking, glass or pottery (already wired for multiple kilns), etc, place for various games – bowling, paintball…, vintage or collector cars or motorcycles (easy access to motor court and simple to install garage door, business office with easy to create private entrance
- Four screened porches; lower level, main level (with fireplace & built in gas grill), top floor and guest house
Magnificently resting on a secluded 11-acre wooded point lot within the Sanctuary, an exclusive luxury lake community on Lake Wylie. This extraordinary 6-bedroom custom home has over 15,000 sq ft of private luxury living and over 1,900 feet of shoreline, giving panoramic views of the water!
Enter through the gate with its lighted entrance and make your way to the paved circular driveway or to the attached garages and the separate four-car garage with ample storage space above. The separate four-car garage is pre-wired and set up for HVAC and plumbing, and could be used for a possible nanny/housekeeper apartment.
Views of the formal living and dining rooms can be seen as you step into the spacious entry with its beautiful warm hickory wood flooring with travertine inlay. Catch your breath as you come into the remarkable living room with its elegant tiled fireplace with creative wood inlay, floor to ceiling wall of patio doors and arched windows under towering vaulted ceilings. The massive self-cleaning glass doors bring you out to the immense patio with handsome maintenance free aluminium railing with stone columns and views of the spectacular pool below.
Creative wood floor patterns in the bright and airy formal dining room offers impressive views for family and guests as they take a seat at the table. Dinner is served. The decorating ledge on one wall, wide crown molding/baseboard and softened archway complements this great space. You’re just getting started…there’s so much more to this journey.
Never too many cooks in this extraordinary kitchen featuring granite counters and top end stainless appliances. To this dream kitchen, add three ovens, Wolf six-burner gas cooktop with grill, two dishwashers, a commercial size refrigerator/freezer combo, a warming drawer, microwave, one double and one triple sink, center island, a large eating bar, an enormous pantry and bonus butler’s pantry. Tucked away conveniently off the kitchen is an attractive office space with corner windows to bring in lots of natural light.
Seamlessly flowing from the kitchen is the the grand Great Room with a majestic stone fireplace that reaches to the dramatic wood beamed vaulted ceilings, giving an elegant yet rustic ambiance. A wall of stately built in cabinetry and shelving provide plenty of space for those favorite books or special collectibles and the wet bar with wine fridge and ice maker sits opposite the wall of built-ins. Situated on either side of the Great Room are glass patio doors, one leading to the open porch with a wide stone stairway taking you down to the pool and the other leading to a screened in porch with cozy fireplace and built-in gas grill.
Conveniently located on the main level, is the sensational master bedroom suite with tray ceilings and a lavish sitting room, flooded with natural light. The exceptional his and hers walk-in closets with floor to ceiling solid and glass built-in cabinets, drawers and shelves offers more space than you may need and a few windows give added light. To add perfection to this space, the master bath features a spa soaking tub, radiant heat in floors, two entrances that lead into the walk-in shower with Kohler ‘Waterhaven’ shower tower. Installed behind the smaller vanity mirror is a TV and there is toe kick lighting under all the vanities.
A fitness room, with its own full bath including a steam-bath shower, a comfortable office with custom built-ins flanking the glass sliding doors leading out to the porch balcony, a craft room and a huge laundry room, with a deep sink and lots of counter and cabinet space, finish off the main level. The fitness room and the craft room, located on the lower level, have closets and baths, so they could easily be additional bedrooms.
Take the sturdy wood and wrought iron stairway to the second level where you will find a second master suite and two additional bedrooms, 3 full baths, a loft and a bonus room/playroom. The ‘mini master’ features a walk-in closet, walk-in shower, whirlpool tub and additional storage.
A large bonus room with screened in porch complete the third level space.
That same stairway leads downstairs to an impressive and sprawling recreation room that includes comfortable seating around another beautiful fireplace, a wet bar equipped with a wine fridge, ice maker, dishwasher and microwave, and a fantastic media room, all making this a great space for casual entertaining. There is an additional laundry for the ‘pool’ bath and an additional screened in porch.
Step outside to the covered patio and you’re moments away from the stunning pool. Let your imagination run wild with the 3,000 sq ft studio that can be used for anything your heart desires. The sensational pool has two levels of waterfalls, lights and a beach entrance, perfect for lounge chairs and small kiddos.
The warm and comfortable 1,500 sq ft guest house boasts two bedrooms, two full baths, a full kitchen with dining bar, a family room with charming wood-burning fireplace, laundry room and boat storage area below.
Lake activities await and the dock is close by and ready, with electricity, water and two electronic boat lifts. The Sanctuary offers stunning amenities, including pools, tennis and sports courts, a beautiful lodge, exercise room, miles of walking trails, kayaks and canoes available free, docks, and playground. http://www.thesanctuaryatlakewylie.com
Location, Location, Location! As if all this wasn’t enough, it’s also a great location, being just 20 minutes to the airport, 20 minutes to uptown, 20 minutes to South Park, 20 minutes to Ballantyne and 15 minutes to Ft. Mill or Rock Hill.
This matchless home is definitely one of a kind and took three years to build. Nothing can compare. Deer, turtles and wild turkeys are some of the land’s regular visitors. Your stunning private retreat awaits.
Directions to 9235 Sweetleaf Place – I-485 West to Exit 4 (Hwy 160). Left on 160/Steel Creek Rd., Right onto Shopton Rd West, Right onto Island Point Rd., Right onto Fox Sparrow, Left onto Sweetleaf. Property at end of cul-de-sac on right.
Full Address: 9235 Sweetleaf Place Charlotte NC 28278
Tags: Virtual Tour, Video Tour, Cinematic Aerial Tour, Charlotte NC Real Estate
Request a Showing
See it on the map! Click ‘Satellite’ for alternate view.