Mooresville, NC Homes for Sale
& Community Guide
View Mooresville, NC Homes For Sale by Category
- 35-60 Minute Commute to Charlotte
- Known as “Race City, USA”
- Over 60 Nascar teams and businesses reside here
- Golf at: Mooresville Golf Course, Mallard Head Golf Course, or Trump National Golf Course
- Wonderfully Preserved Historic Downtown
- Abundant Convenient Shopping Areas
- Lowes Corporate HQ Located Here
- Average Summer Temp 76
Newest Mooresville Homes For Sale
Founded in the 1850’s and sitting on the stunning shores of Lake Norman, Mooresville offers a variety of year round recreation, adventure and relaxation. Beginning as a railroad town, then to a textile center, Mooresville has preserved its past and you can find a number of great historical buildings, especially in the downtown area. Stroll through downtown Mooresville for unique shopping fun. Enjoy the various restaurants and local shops. If you haven’t been to downtown, then you haven’t been to Mooresville!
Nicknamed “Race City, USA” Mooresville is home to many of NASCAR’s most prominent teams and, if you are a racing enthusiast, you will want to visit the racing facilities to see firsthand the cars and crews, as well as the North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame. Over 60 NASCAR teams and racing related businesses are located here and it is home to the corporate headquarters of one of the major employers in Mooresville, the NASCAR Technical Institute.
Being on the shores of Lake Norman provides ample opportunities for young and old alike. From boating, paddle boarding, and jet skis to the best fishing around, the Lake Norman State Park was listed as # 25 in the August 2015 USA Today as top spots for fishing & boating!
For the ultimate in zoo adventures, take in the Lazy 5 Ranch with the kiddos. With more than 750 exotic animals from six continents, you will experience up-close and personal encounters. Kids will love feeding the giraffes, bison, llamas, and pygmy goats to name a few. Sitting on 185 acres, you can ride safari-style through the animal park & zoo or on the horse-drawn wagon ride for a real up-close experience. www.Lazy5Ranch.com
So whether you want to enjoy the recreation on the cool waters of Lake Norman, experience the town’s grand history, relax at one of the local coffee houses, day spas, or wine bars, or just ready to rev up with the ultimate motorsports experience, you’ll see why so many love to call this place their home.
Watch this Great “Things to Do” in Mooresville NC Video:
Mooresville, NC More Facts
- Population in 2014: 35,300 (100% urban, 0% rural). Population change since 2000: +85.3%
- Males: 17,926 (51.4%) Females: 16,961 (48.6%)
- Median resident age: 34.9 years – North Carolina median age: 37.9 years
- Zip codes: 28115, 28117
- Estimated median household income in 2013: $59,984 (it was $42,943 in 2000) NC: $45,906
- Estimated per capita income in 2013: $26,644 (it was $20,549 in 2000)
- Restaurants: 1 per 242
- Area: 14.7 mi²